About Sunset Homes
Sunset Homes was established in September 1990 and is a privately owned company comprised of two homes located in Laguna Niguel, California. Each home may accommodate a total of six residents.
As the owner of Sunset Homes, I have several years of health care experience at all levels of management and maintain a current RN License. This extensive experience in health care may assist you when considering which level of care is most appropriate for your loved one.
Our Philosophy at Sunset Homes is an assisted living experience which is dedicated to providing a home like environment where residents receive individualized attention from two resident Care Providers. Guided by a team oh health care professionals, the resident soon realizes that they are residing in a private home where their needs are satisfied in an efficient and conscious manner. This is accomplished through a program that promotes independence and meets the needs of each client through compassion and sensitivity.
Placement- Each home is comprised of residents based on there alertness and ability to perform activities of daily living, such as personal hygiene, dressing, ability to walk and use of the bathroom. All potential clients are assisted prior to admission, generally following a tour of one of the homes. Then together with a member of the family a decision is made as to
which home is most appropriate.
Placing an elderly relative in a home is a traumatic experience both for you and your loved one. Feelings of fear, anger, rejection and abandonment are common.
This is a time of adjustment for the entire family and it is normal to question the decision that is being made.
The staff of Sunset Homes are available to assist you through this adjustment period, so please speak to us about your concerns.
Once your loved one realizes that their family and staff are united in their best interest, the negative feelings begin to subside and they
adjust to their new setting.
At Sunset Homes we provide the highest quality of general services as well as many special services. Our general services include :
* Single or double occupancy room.
* Three nutritious meals served daily along with between meal snacks.
* Special diets are available if preferred by residents or prescribed by the physician.
* Cleaning of resident rooms and common areas.
* Bedroom furniture which includes weekly fresh linen or more often if needed.
* A planned activity program including available community resources, i.e. church services, senior centers, beauty parlor appointments, etc.
* Our services may be modified to meet the needs or desires of the residents or their family.
* Care of Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease clients and their unique needs. DSS Dementia Waiver since 01/2003
* Non-Ambulatory Residents since 09/1990
* Care of terminal / dying clients and their unique needs that reside with Sunset Homes. Allocated three Hospice waiver beds since 05/31/2001
* Allocated one bedridden bed waiver since 01/17/2008
* All outside medical appointments are coordinated through the family. Initially, Mr. Green RN participates in medical appointments in order to
enhance communication between the primary care physician and the family.
* Perimeter alarm system.
* Working with non-ambulatory / non talking clients.
* Bedside care for minor and temporary illness.
* Assistance with bathing and personal needs.
* Care of bowling bladder incontinence.